noun (plural gran turismos)
- A high-performance car.More example sentences
- As such, the GTi is a front-driver only, yet, as you would expect from a car carrying a gran turismo badge, it handles brilliantly, nonetheless.
- The history of the GTA goes back to 1965 when Alfa built the lightweight 1600 Giulia GTA Coupe (gran turismo alleggerita) for racing.
- At last, the gorgeous and exclusive Alfa 8C Competizione, Gran Turismo car, which is to be produced in a limited edition, makes its debut in Paris.
1960s: Italian, literally 'great touring'.
More definitions of gran turismoDefinition of gran turismo in:
- The US English dictionary