- A passion fruit, or the fruit of a related plant.
More example sentences
- This fruit comes from plants of the genus Passiflora, family Passifloraceae, including the giant granadilla (P. quadrangularis), which has large pale fruits
- One of the best perks of the buffet is regional produce, including the granadilla, a yellowish-green fruit with sweet, pomegranate-like seeds.
- The names granadilla and water lemon are also used of the fruits of this group, overlapping with the name passion-fruit in a way which necessitates treating them all together.
- A pale orange hue marks my favorite, the granadilla drink, made from a passion fruit species native to Central America.
late 16th century: Spanish, diminutive of granada 'pomegranate'.
More definitions of granadillaDefinition of granadilla in:
- The US English dictionary