- A theory attempting to give a single explanation of the strong, weak, and electromagnetic interactions between subatomic particles.More example sentences
- Scientists had believed that once the shortcomings of particle physics had been left behind by the adoption of the exotic string theory, that a grand unified theory of everything would be an easily ascertainable goal.
- Like physicists who are trying to make sense of the particles and forces that make up the physical world, knot theorists are looking for something akin to a grand unified theory that would explain all invariants and all knots.
- Science still seeks for a grand unified theory.
More definitions of grand unified theoryDefinition of grand unified theory in:
- The US English dictionary