- 1 • informal One’s grandfather.More example sentences
- It is a family pool full of mums, dads, grandmas, granddads and children, it is absolutely marvellous.
- Grandmoms (and granddads too) are indeed great people…
- Thirty-five mums, dads, grannies and granddads went back to school last Monday as part of By Brook Valley's Bring Your Family to School Day.
- 1.1Used as a form of address to an elderly man: cheer up, grandad, it may never happenMore example sentences
- Now it's all about viral communities - get with it, grandad!
- 2 [as modifier] Denoting a style of shirt or shirt neckline with a collar in the form of a narrow upright band fastened with buttons.More example sentences
- Shirts are slightly different with long tail backs or grandad collars.
- I was dressed in a black, double button granddad shirt which had this cowboy feel about it, with my black jeans on and a dark multicoloured waistcoat I looked the part.
- Dressed in his customary jeans, waistcoat and granddad shirt, he had everyone clapping and singing to Hold Me Close.
More definitions of grandadDefinition of grandad in:
- The US English dictionary