Definition of grandad in English:
1 informal One’s grandfather.
- It is a family pool full of mums, dads, grandmas, granddads and children, it is absolutely marvellous.
- Grandmoms (and granddads too) are indeed great people…
- Thirty-five mums, dads, grannies and granddads went back to school last Monday as part of By Brook Valley's Bring Your Family to School Day.
2 [as modifier] Denoting a style of shirt or shirt neckline with a collar in the form of a narrow upright band fastened with buttons.
- Shirts are slightly different with long tail backs or grandad collars.
- I was dressed in a black, double button granddad shirt which had this cowboy feel about it, with my black jeans on and a dark multicoloured waistcoat I looked the part.
- Dressed in his customary jeans, waistcoat and granddad shirt, he had everyone clapping and singing to Hold Me Close.
Definition of grandad in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan