- (Of a cultivated plant) bearing large flowers.More example sentences
- ‘Octoberfest’ is a tall, upright grandiflora rose which produces clusters of autumn-colored blooms.
- Limbo violet differs from all other grandiflora petunias in having large (three-inch) flowers on a compact plant.
nounBack to top
- A grandiflora plant.More example sentences
- You should grow grandifloras if you like lots of elegant flowers on the plant, or if you like to cut one stem that's a whole bouquet.
- The two most common types of climbing roses are the naturally vigorous mutations of hybrid teas, grandifloras, and floribundas, and those simply called ‘large-flowered climbers.’
- Hybrid teas like ‘Double Delight,’ ‘Brigadoon’ and ‘Pristine’ are her favorites, although she has several grandifloras and floribundas mixed in.
early 20th century: modern Latin (often used in specific names of large-flowered plants), from Latin grandis 'great' + flos, flor- 'flower'.
More definitions of grandifloraDefinition of grandiflora in:
- The US English dictionary