The mother of one’s father or mother: my grandmother is ill [as name]: to dearest Grandmother, with love and gratitude [as title]: Grandmother Asha
More example sentences
- Yes, women's liberation has given us choices that our grandmothers and even mothers could only dream of, but it has its downside too.
- There were young mothers and grandmothers, all fussing over their children.
- Some of my friends and patients nostalgically recall spending happy days off school with mothers and grandmothers.
teach one's grandmother to suck eggs
- Presume to advise a more experienced person.More example sentences
- To which I responded with sincere thanks for the input, but also with an arrogant comment that I knew exactly what I was doing when I wrote the paragraph, and a suggestion not to teach his grandmother to suck eggs, basically.
- Now I am not trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs but the night before your interview try and get a good nights sleep.
- Rereading my previous posting it seems I was both trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs and also not actually looking at all the information you had presented.
- More example sentences
- I can almost hear a grandmotherly voice telling me that it's no way to get rid of a cold.
- Then my grandmother, in true grandmotherly fashion, marched into her local bookseller and demanded to be told what the young people were reading these days.
- Barbara, meanwhile, came into her own at last as an extremely popular first lady who made the most of her grandmotherly image.