Definition of graniteware in English:
1A speckled form of earthenware imitating the appearance of granite.
- The types and colors of stripes on graniteware also help to date it, but it's fairly complicated, so you might want to consult a graniteware guide.
- Inexpensive pieces of white and/or damaged graniteware are dipped in epoxy to enhance their marketability.
- It has the button knob on the top of the lid that is a very desirable feature in graniteware pieces.
2A kind of enamelled ironware.
- Graniteware is an enameled tinware that has been used in the kitchen from the late nineteenth century to the present. Earlier graniteware was green or turquoise blue, with white spatters.
- Graniteware, or Enamelware as it's also called, was said to first bring splashes of color to kitchen containers in the mid-nineteenth century.
- The condition of this graniteware colander is very good.
Definition of graniteware in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan