noun• informal , chiefly British
- A part of a house made into self-contained accommodation suitable for an elderly relative.More example sentences
- He said the delay on the application, to build a roof extension and granny flat on a house in York, is the longest he has ever known.
- He and his wife, who died last year, lived in a granny flat at the property.
- The castle also comes complete with a granny flat and a two-bedroomed lodge.
More definitions of granny flatDefinition of granny flat in:
- The US English dictionary