noun[mass noun] North American
1A kind of breakfast cereal resembling muesli.
- I ate a light breakfast of yogurt and granola with green tea and that seemed to keep my stomach calm.
- Seriously folks, I like to eat fruit salad, creme and granola for breakfast in the summer.
- Take a leak out the hut door, pick up the pot of milk I mixed from powder the night before, gulp down three bowls of granola.
1.1 [as modifier] chiefly derogatory Denoting people with liberal or Green political views, typified as eating health foods: Fran wasn’t a grow-your-own granola type
More example sentences
- A high granola quotient, certainly, but I was surprised by how much I liked her.
- Instead, Fox has scheduled plain and simple reality programming that will appeal to the regular granola type dudes.
- It's easy to forget that granola society commands the numbers it does until you venture out to a concert hall or field for a general meeting.
Words that rhyme with granolaAngola, barbola, bipolar, bowler, bronchiolar, canola, carambola, circumpolar, coaler, Coca-Cola, cola, comptroller, consoler, controller, Ebola, eidola, extoller, Finola, Gorgonzola, Hispaniola, kola, Lola, lunisolar, mandola, molar, multipolar, Ndola, patroller, payola, pianola, polar, roller, Savonarola, scagliola, scroller, sola, solar, stroller, tombola, Tortola, troller, Vignola, viola, Zola
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: gran|ola
Definition of granola in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.