Definition of granola in English:
noun[mass noun] North American
1A kind of breakfast cereal resembling muesli.
- I ate a light breakfast of yogurt and granola with green tea and that seemed to keep my stomach calm.
- Seriously folks, I like to eat fruit salad, creme and granola for breakfast in the summer.
- Take a leak out the hut door, pick up the pot of milk I mixed from powder the night before, gulp down three bowls of granola.
1.1 [as modifier] chiefly derogatory Denoting people with liberal or Green political views, typified as eating health foods: Fran wasn’t a grow-your-own granola type
More example sentences
- A high granola quotient, certainly, but I was surprised by how much I liked her.
- Instead, Fox has scheduled plain and simple reality programming that will appeal to the regular granola type dudes.
- It's easy to forget that granola society commands the numbers it does until you venture out to a concert hall or field for a general meeting.
Words that rhyme with granolaAngola, barbola, bipolar, bowler, bronchiolar, canola, carambola, circumpolar, coaler, Coca-Cola, cola, comptroller, consoler, controller, Ebola, eidola, extoller, Finola, Gorgonzola, Hispaniola, kola, Lola, lunisolar, mandola, molar, multipolar, Ndola, patroller, payola, pianola, polar, roller, Savonarola, scagliola, scroller, sola, solar, stroller, tombola, Tortola, troller, Vignola, viola, Zola
Definition of granola in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan