Definition of grant aid in English:
Financial assistance, especially money that is granted by central government to local government or an institution.
- That adventurous use of grant aid has now been somewhat curtailed by central government.
- A small group came together and began to fundraise and seek access to grant aid.
- Given the cost it is going to involve a lot of money being raised locally but it is also hoped that grant aid will be available.
verb(grant-aid) [with object] Back to top
Give grant aid to.
- Defra initially grant-aided a complete survey of the park to identify the scope of the project.
- Just a few years ago it was unthinkable the EU would prevent this country from grant-aiding any form of inward investment.
- Some is being grant-aided by the company.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.