A white blood cell with secretory granules in its cytoplasm, e.g. an eosinophil or a basophil.
- White blood cells called granulocytes and lymphocytes travel along the walls of blood vessels.
- These stem cells proliferate and differentiate into granulocytes (neutrophils, eosinophils and basophils), monocytes and lymphocytes, which together comprise the absolute white blood cell count.
- These are the eosinophils, neutrophils, and basophils (collectively known as granulocytes or polymorphonuclear leukocytes), mast cells, and monocytes.
- Example sentences
- Erythrocytic and granulocytic elements were extremely rare.
- The bone marrow is also hypercellular with varying amounts of granulocytic and erythroid hyperplasia.
- The most common type of myeloid sarcoma is the granulocytic type, composed of myeloblasts, neutrophils, and neutrophil precursors.
Definition of granulocyte in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.