Definition of granuloma in English:
noun (plural granulomas or granulomata ˌɡranjʊˈləʊmətə)Medicine
A mass of granulation tissue, typically produced in response to infection, inflammation, or the presence of a foreign substance.
- A punch biopsy of the lesion showed tuberculous granulomas within the epiglottic tissue.
- Cat-scratch disease will also produce granulomatous inflammation, but the granulomas are suppurative in nature.
- These nodules are frequently found in cases of tuberculous meningitis and represent caseating granulomas typical of tuberculosis.
- Example sentences
- One patient had rheumatoid arthritis with granulomatous meningitis, which was thought to be noninfectious.
- The differential diagnosis includes lymphoma, granulomatous infections, benign vascular tumors, and metastatic cancer.
- Donovonosis can result in ulcerative, granulomatous, or hypertrophic lesions.
Definition of granuloma in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan