A small Eurasian plant of the lily family, with clusters of small globular blue flowers, cultivated as an ornamental or for use in perfume.
- Genus Muscari, family Liliaceae
More example sentences
- Then, in spring, successive bursts of daffodil, grape hyacinth, and tulip flowers heightened the show.
- In April I spy the bright blue of the grape hyacinth, Muscari aucheri, the sun-lover that looks best in a clump, its blooms like fairy fruits.
- A lot of our spring flowers are blue and include grape hyacinth, anemone blanda and forget-me-not which, once planted, is with you forever.
Definition of grape hyacinth in:
- The US English dictionary