1A diagram showing the relation between variable quantities, typically of two variables, each measured along one of a pair of axes at right angles.
- In fact, all the real values are already in the graph along the x axis also called the real axis.
- These personnel also undertook much of the preparation of the visual evidential aids such as isographs, histograms, graphs, bar charts, photographs, tables, as built programmes and overlays.
- You can chart variables on a graph and look at speed, power (a calculated estimate), temperature and altitude.
1.1 Mathematics A collection of points whose coordinates satisfy a given relation.
- Otherwise, the implication is that the use of coordinate graphs simply adds to the learner's syntactic translational problem.
- A directed graph is a collection of nodes and edges.
- Links on the Web and citation relations between scientific articles can both be described as mathematical graphs.
verb[with object] Back to top
Plot or trace on a graph.
- A frequency ranking of student graphing errors indicates that graphing problems are related to a combination of factors involving the software, the student, and the instruction.
- Specifically, we graphed a 3-day moving average of temperatures.
- The data is then graphed in an x - y comparison plot.
plot, trace, draw up, delineate
Late 19th century: abbreviation of graphic formula.
Words that rhyme with graphbarf, behalf, calf, chaff, coif, giraffe, Graf, half, laugh, scarf, scrum half, staff, strafe, wing half • headscarf • mooncalf • bar
A visual symbol representing a unit of sound or other feature of speech. Graphs include not only letters of the alphabet but also punctuation marks.
- The initial step is the conversion of the word sequences to a phoneme transcription graph.
- For example, many children's names contain trigraphs and digraphs and graphs that represent phonemes other than those taught as "the appropriate sound".
- In the present invention, the lexical graph has phoneme branches.
1930s: from Greek graphē 'writing'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan