1A diagram showing the relation between variable quantities, typically of two variables, each measured along one of a pair of axes at right angles.
- In fact, all the real values are already in the graph along the x axis also called the real axis.
- These personnel also undertook much of the preparation of the visual evidential aids such as isographs, histograms, graphs, bar charts, photographs, tables, as built programmes and overlays.
- You can chart variables on a graph and look at speed, power (a calculated estimate), temperature and altitude.
1.1 Mathematics A collection of points whose coordinates satisfy a given relation.
- Otherwise, the implication is that the use of coordinate graphs simply adds to the learner's syntactic translational problem.
- A directed graph is a collection of nodes and edges.
- Links on the Web and citation relations between scientific articles can both be described as mathematical graphs.
verb[with object] Back to top
Plot or trace on a graph.
- A frequency ranking of student graphing errors indicates that graphing problems are related to a combination of factors involving the software, the student, and the instruction.
- Specifically, we graphed a 3-day moving average of temperatures.
- The data is then graphed in an x - y comparison plot.
plot, trace, draw up, delineate
Late 19th century: abbreviation of graphic formula.
Words that rhyme with graphbarf, behalf, calf, chaff, coif, giraffe, Graf, half, laugh, scarf, scrum half, staff, strafe, wing half
A visual symbol representing a unit of sound or other feature of speech. Graphs include not only letters of the alphabet but also punctuation marks.
- The initial step is the conversion of the word sequences to a phoneme transcription graph.
- For example, many children's names contain trigraphs and digraphs and graphs that represent phonemes other than those taught as "the appropriate sound".
- In the present invention, the lexical graph has phoneme branches.
1930s: from Greek graphē 'writing'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.