Definition of graphic arts in English:
1The visual arts based on the use of line and tone rather than three-dimensional work or the use of colour.
- He followed his passion, however, and obtained a master's degree in visual arts, sculpture and graphic arts.
- The arts are generally well supported in the country, including literature, fine arts, graphic arts and performance arts.
- The 120 clients who work at the center are offered a curriculum that includes graphic arts, painting, mixed media, fiber arts, ceramics, wood sculpture, and photography.
1.1 [mass noun] (graphic art) The practice of graphic arts, especially as a subject of study.
- Phillips, who creates fine art and graphic art on the subject of jazz, renders her own images but also manipulates scanned images to yield a new product.
- Having studied law and then graphic art he has found he has been able to put them to full use in the creation of his albums, the performances of his songs and the administration of his company.
- Two decades of Fascist rule in Italy are explored here, through painting, sculpture, graphic art, photography, furnishings and ceramics.
graphic artist noun
- Example sentences
- For three days you can visit some of the most charming hidden corners in Paris, where painters, sculptors, photographers, and graphic artists do their work.
- A lot of electronic musicians gain inspiration from the visual arts - in fact, many are actually graphic artists.
- Like all young illustrators and graphic artists of the time, Christopher had to lug his portfolio around the streets of London, hawking for commissions and a first step on the ladder - without an attachment in sight!
Definition of graphic arts in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia