- A skirt made of long grass and leaves fastened to a waistband, associated especially with female dancers from some Pacific islands.More example sentences
- It's like a new version of the grass skirt and coconut bikini.
- During possession, the priest, who appears to be in a trance, wears a grass skirt [doso] to which are pinned many protective charms [asuman].
- His grass skirt was blowing dangerously close to his chain and he was using one hand to support the four-foot-tall wooden tribal mask he was wearing.
More definitions of grass skirtDefinition of grass skirt in:
- The US English dictionary