- 1A common harmless Eurasian snake that typically has a yellowish band around the neck and is often found in or near water.
More example sentences
- Natrix natrix, family Colubridae
- Adders are one of three species of snake which can be found in the British Isles, the others being the smooth snake and the grass snake.
- A few years ago in the Midlands of England, I witnessed a crowd gathered around a grass snake in a meadow near a footpath.
- But experts say the serpent is more likely to be a harmless grass snake.
More definitions of grass snakeDefinition of grass snake in:
- The US English dictionary