- A secretive Eurasian warbler whose song is a high-pitched mechanical-sounding trill.
More example sentences
- Genus Locustella, family Sylviidae: several species, in particular the widespread L. naevia
- The other species that have been put on the list are the marsh tit, willow tit, ring ouzel, grasshopper warbler, Savi's warbler, lesser spotted woodpecker and yellowhammer.
- Insect life is increasing rapidly, encouraging birds such as snipe, curlew, grasshopper warbler, sedge warbler, and whinchat.
- The grasshopper warbler is a widely distributed but fairly scarce summer visitor, arriving in May and leaving in August.