noun[mass noun] (also grasslands)
- A large open area of country covered with grass, especially one used for grazing: acres of rough grasslandMore example sentences
- This is an area of open grasslands grazed year round by large concentrations of several ungulate species.
- Nearby grasslands provide an open area where the young can forage for insects.
- As much or more management is required for grasslands than for cropland, he said.
More definitions of grasslandDefinition of grassland in:
- The US English dictionary