Definition of gratification in English:
1Pleasure, especially when gained from the satisfaction of a desire: a thirst for sexual gratification
More example sentences
- To put you in the mood to buy, the product is associated with youth, pleasure, desire, ease, gratification, satisfaction.
- It has been alleged he may have done it for sadistic kicks rather than financial gain or sexual gratification.
- He said he did not gain sexual gratification from the images and was interested in why gay people wanted to communicate in this way because he was studying psychology.
1.1 [count noun] A source of pleasure.
- In ordinary English we fail to distinguish the gratifications from the pleasures.
- The lie has become a gratification in itself, told purely for pleasure.
- The apparently immoralist heroine gradually establishes, over the course of these central 150 pages, both the shallowness and the cost of purely physical gratifications.