Definition of gratification in English:
1Pleasure, especially when gained from the satisfaction of a desire: a thirst for sexual gratification
More example sentences
- To put you in the mood to buy, the product is associated with youth, pleasure, desire, ease, gratification, satisfaction.
- It has been alleged he may have done it for sadistic kicks rather than financial gain or sexual gratification.
- He said he did not gain sexual gratification from the images and was interested in why gay people wanted to communicate in this way because he was studying psychology.
1.1 [count noun] A source of pleasure.
- In ordinary English we fail to distinguish the gratifications from the pleasures.
- The lie has become a gratification in itself, told purely for pleasure.
- The apparently immoralist heroine gradually establishes, over the course of these central 150 pages, both the shallowness and the cost of purely physical gratifications.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan