Definition of gratiné in English:
Another term for au gratin. thick onion soup gratiné
More example sentences
- With them was boiled green pawpaw and a christophene gratinée.
- Only a couple of hours before the guests are expecting to eat, he and his co-chef are calmly slicing peeled, vine-ripened tomatoes for the tomato and Parmesan gratinée tartlets.
- All this was served atop a gratinée of small Gaspé shrimp, infinitely thin noodles and a hint of Thai spice.
French, past participle of gratiner 'cook au gratin'.
- Example sentences
- You can opt for an extra appetizer for $3.95; on the night we visited gratinéed artichokes or escargots forestière were among the choices.
- Each dish is accompanied by a pile of steaming pommes Lyonnais gratinéed the colour of old ivory.
- A designated signature dish of mushroom ravioli al forno had a pasty filling reminiscent of baby food, a sea of cream sauce, and none of the glazed, textural gratinéed effects a serious stint in a really hot oven might provide.
Words that rhyme with gratinématinée
Definition of gratiné in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia