Definition of gratiné in English:
Another term for au gratin. thick onion soup gratiné
More example sentences
- With them was boiled green pawpaw and a christophene gratinée.
- Only a couple of hours before the guests are expecting to eat, he and his co-chef are calmly slicing peeled, vine-ripened tomatoes for the tomato and Parmesan gratinée tartlets.
- All this was served atop a gratinée of small Gaspé shrimp, infinitely thin noodles and a hint of Thai spice.
- Example sentences
- You can opt for an extra appetizer for $3.95; on the night we visited gratinéed artichokes or escargots forestière were among the choices.
- Each dish is accompanied by a pile of steaming pommes Lyonnais gratinéed the colour of old ivory.
- A designated signature dish of mushroom ravioli al forno had a pasty filling reminiscent of baby food, a sea of cream sauce, and none of the glazed, textural gratinéed effects a serious stint in a really hot oven might provide.
French, past participle of gratiner 'cook au gratin'.
Words that rhyme with gratinématinée
Definition of gratiné in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.