- 1Resembling, containing, or consisting of gravel: a dry gravelly soilMore example sentences
- Much of this carpet of herbs is on shallow gravelly and stony soils, too poor for buffel, or under mulga trees.
- Non-cohesive soils include silty, sandy, and gravelly soils in which there is no cohesion except that derived from any minor amount of clay matrix or from water tension between particles.
- If the pond is located in sandy or gravelly soils or near fractured bedrock, seal the pond with an approved plastic liner or at least 6 inches of compact clay.
- 2(Of a voice) deep and rough-sounding.More example sentences
- We will miss his deep, gravelly voice that told of his Suffolk origin as soon as he spoke to you.
- I always wait to read them until Jon gets home, and then I usually read it aloud in a deep, low, gravelly voice with a twinge of a Southern accent, since he's in Texas.
- Stanley was very tall and though a very sweet man, he had a deep, gravelly voice that often got him jobs on cartoon shows as dastardly villains.