Definition of gravelly in English:
1Resembling, containing, or consisting of gravel: a dry gravelly soil
More example sentences
- Much of this carpet of herbs is on shallow gravelly and stony soils, too poor for buffel, or under mulga trees.
- Non-cohesive soils include silty, sandy, and gravelly soils in which there is no cohesion except that derived from any minor amount of clay matrix or from water tension between particles.
- If the pond is located in sandy or gravelly soils or near fractured bedrock, seal the pond with an approved plastic liner or at least 6 inches of compact clay.
2(Of a voice) deep and rough-sounding.
- We will miss his deep, gravelly voice that told of his Suffolk origin as soon as he spoke to you.
- I always wait to read them until Jon gets home, and then I usually read it aloud in a deep, low, gravelly voice with a twinge of a Southern accent, since he's in Texas.
- Stanley was very tall and though a very sweet man, he had a deep, gravelly voice that often got him jobs on cartoon shows as dastardly villains.
Words that rhyme with gravellygrandmotherly • Beverley
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan