1Relating to the measurement of weight.
- The average water content of the bone specimens, measured using gravimetric methods is in the normal range for cortical bone.
- The two chief classes of quantitative analysis, gravimetric and volumetric, were developed in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- All four requirements can be tested by simple gravimetric measurement or by inspection, and all four include quantitative limits.
2Relating to the measurement of gravity.
- The gravimetric technique is less sensitive than the radioactive technique, but it has an advantage in avoiding the corrections for tracer diffusion.
- Another problem with airborne measurements is that the aircraft's altitude must be known to within 1 m to attain gravimetric precision of the order of 1 mgal.
- Telescopic, gravimetric, and spectrographic scans have revealed fourteen planets in the system.
Definition of gravimetric in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.