- Certainly, every type of matter we have ever encountered feels the attractive force of gravity.
- Physics has found only four forces in nature: gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear, and strong nuclear.
- Objects exert a force of gravity because they have mass and the more mass they have the stronger the force of gravity they exert.
- Specific gravity was measured by a harmonic oscillation method on the automated workstation.
- The speed of gravity has been measured for the first time, revealing that it does indeed travel at the speed of light.
- Although these hidden dimensions remain too small to be measured, gravity can travel in between them.
- Naturally this only occurs in situations of extreme gravity or urgency threatening irreparable damage to persons.
- They realized the full gravity of the situation when they scanned, what moments before, had been a room full of Sailors eating lunch.
- This is a moment of utmost gravity for the world.
- An air of gravity and solemnity pervaded the president's remarks as a stunned nation listened by radio.
- He exuded dignity and gravity and he was courteous to counsel and witnesses alike.
- He played this part with gravity and dignity, and in an understated style which set off the flamboyant persona of Henry VIII.
guru from early 17th century:
This is from Hindi and Punjabi, from Sanskrit guru ‘weighty, grave, dignified’ (comparable with Latin gravis ‘heavy’ source of gravity (Late Middle English)): this led to ‘elder, teacher’.
Words that rhyme with gravitycavity, concavity, depravity
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: grav|ity
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.