Definition of gravity feed in English:
A supply system making use of gravity to maintain the flow of material.
- Seepage of groundwater into the shaft from the shaft penetrations is currently collected by a system of gravity feed lines into sumps and tanks at mine level and subsequently pumped to the ground surface for disposal.
- Fluid can be supplied to the applicator by pump, pressure tank, or gravity feed.
- The house had to be lifted to accommodate a gravity feed for a sewer hookup from the basement.
- Example sentences
- A new gravity-fed soap dispenser system has a refillable tank discreetly located above the towel dispenser with tubular links to each sink.
- If size and speed are not critical factors, a gravity-fed drip filter that lets water slowly drip from a reservoir down through a filter may be a good option.
- The units use less water and provide a cleaner flush than most gravity-fed models.
Definition of gravity feed in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.