1 another term for gravitational wave
- The frequency of the wave is directly related to the frequency of the massive movement generating the gravity wave.
- Though a gravity wave is a distortion of space-time, it conserves volume.
- He claims that a gravity wave can couple to individual atoms and, as a result, interact far more strongly.
2A wave propagated on a liquid surface or in a fluid through the effects of gravity.
- Freely propagating surface gravity waves are observed to slow down and to stop at a beach when the bottom has a relatively gentle upward slope toward the shore and the frequency range of the waves covers the most energetic wind waves (sea and swell).
- Special features of surface gravity waves in a deep fluid flow with a constant vertical shear of velocity is studied.
- When small-amplitude surface gravity waves progress in deep water, all the fluid particles are observed to orbit in circles within the depth of wave influence.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: grav|ity wave
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.