1A person who rears or fattens cattle or sheep for market.
- The demand for land focused hostile attention upon the graziers, who reared cattle and sheep commercially on extensive pastoral holdings.
- However, as more and more graziers opt for this market it too will become ‘saturated’ and diminished profits from over supply will eventuate.
- It was a sheep grazier of Scottish descent, who saw the potential of camels for carrying goods on a commercial basis, particularly in the centre of Australia.
1.1Australian /NZ A large-scale sheep or cattle farmer.
- The forum is aimed at young farmers, graziers and people in the wider agricultural industry in the Western Division.
- Entrepreneurs, graziers, farmers and professionals formed an elite, which dominated municipal politics and was generally hostile to the labour movement.
- The recovery bill has reached half a billion dollars, and the February and July floods affected around 1,800 dairy farmers and graziers.
Words that rhyme with grazierAnastasia, aphasia, brazier, dysphasia, dysplasia, euthanasia, fantasia, Frazier, glazier, gymnasia, Malaysia
Definition of grazier in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.