- 1A motor mechanic or unskilled engineer on a ship.More example sentences
- The victim held a certificate of competency to perform the duties of a ship's greaser.
- During the early 1900s all steamships were required to carry the correct number of able seamen, greasers, firemen, trimmers and apprentices or ordinary seamen or boys according to the tonnage of the vessel.
- Motor ships were the main province of greasers.
- 2 • informal A young man with long hair belonging to a motorcycle gang.More example sentences
- They are called greasers because of the hair oil they use.
- To make school interesting, he joined a greaser gang and fought violently with classmates.
- Ponyboy Curtis and his brothers, Sodapop and Darry, belong to a group of poor teenage boys called greasers.
- 4 • informal A smooth or gentle aircraft landing: it is best to try and avoid greasers and attempt a firm landingMore example sentences
- Landing is no problem - once you have established your technique with the aircraft, every landing is a greaser.
- I glided down the runway set up for a great greaser landing! But there is something odd about flight controls in small aircraft.
- But a little planning and lots of practice can make every landing a greaser.
More definitions of greaserDefinition of greaser in:
- The US English dictionary