- (In a cycling race involving stages) a green jersey worn each day by the rider accumulating the highest number of points, and presented at the end of the race to the rider with the highest overall points total.More example sentences
- He made his Tour debut in 1997, and has worn both the yellow and green jerseys in the race.
- McEwen, winner of the points competition last year, started the stage with the green jersey, which he had taken off Cooke on Friday.
- That was followed by double stage success on the Giro d' Italia, the green jersey on the Tour de France, which was capped by victory on the final stage in Paris, plus a host of other one-day victories.
More definitions of green jerseyDefinition of green jersey in:
- The US English dictionary