Definition of green revolution in English:
1A large increase in crop production in developing countries achieved by the use of artificial fertilizers, pesticides, and high-yield crop varieties.
- Just at that point, an Asian green revolution introduced high-yield varieties of rice, wheat and other staple foods to millions of farmers.
- GM food has the potential to bring with it the largest change in food production since the green revolution of the 1960s.
- Before the green revolution in the 1960s, everyone farmed organically, and there are still a fair amount of farmers who don't use chemicals simply because they can't afford them.
2A dramatic rise in concern about the environment in industrialized countries.
- In every country, the green revolution has been fuelled by economic growth.
- McDougall argued that consumers' environmental knowledge is of paramount importance because the green revolution is primarily consumer driven.
- Every home in Scotland will be given a recycling bin under government plans to deliver a green revolution north of the Border.
Definition of green revolution in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan