- 1A large increase in crop production in developing countries achieved by the use of artificial fertilizers, pesticides, and high-yield crop varieties.More example sentences
- Just at that point, an Asian green revolution introduced high-yield varieties of rice, wheat and other staple foods to millions of farmers.
- GM food has the potential to bring with it the largest change in food production since the green revolution of the 1960s.
- Before the green revolution in the 1960s, everyone farmed organically, and there are still a fair amount of farmers who don't use chemicals simply because they can't afford them.
- 2A dramatic rise in concern about the environment in industrialized countries.More example sentences
- In every country, the green revolution has been fuelled by economic growth.
- McDougall argued that consumers' environmental knowledge is of paramount importance because the green revolution is primarily consumer driven.
- Every home in Scotland will be given a recycling bin under government plans to deliver a green revolution north of the Border.
More definitions of green revolutionDefinition of green revolution in:
- The US English dictionary