A harmless American snake with a green back and white or yellowish underparts.
- Genus Opheodrys, family Colubridae: two species
More example sentences
- Often slow to adapt and to accept food, once green snakes do eat they are often voracious and consume a lot.
- Too much water in the substrate seems to cause green snakes to develop little blisters.
- In order to grow, the smooth green snake must shed its skin.
More definitions of green snakeDefinition of green snake in:
- The US English dictionary