Definition of green thumb in English:
North American term for green fingers.
- If you have a green thumb and a bit of spare time maybe you should think about putting on the gardening gloves and becoming involved in the community gardens.
- For those of you without a green thumb, I have the perfect spring tonic - wildflower walks.
- If you have a green thumb, why not provide lawn care for some of your neighbors?
- Example sentences
- Simon Tiffin is the editor of the hip men's magazine Esquire and typical of the new breed of green-thumbed city-dwellers.
- We live in a disposable society, but most green-thumbed people are keen recyclers and baulk at one-use wonders.
- Small-space gardening has always been a challenge for green-thumbed owners of condo courtyards, apartment balconies and lot-line back yards.
Definition of green thumb in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan