Definition of green thumb in English:
North American term for green fingers.
- If you have a green thumb and a bit of spare time maybe you should think about putting on the gardening gloves and becoming involved in the community gardens.
- For those of you without a green thumb, I have the perfect spring tonic - wildflower walks.
- If you have a green thumb, why not provide lawn care for some of your neighbors?
- Example sentences
- Simon Tiffin is the editor of the hip men's magazine Esquire and typical of the new breed of green-thumbed city-dwellers.
- We live in a disposable society, but most green-thumbed people are keen recyclers and baulk at one-use wonders.
- Small-space gardening has always been a challenge for green-thumbed owners of condo courtyards, apartment balconies and lot-line back yards.
Definition of green thumb in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.