A sea turtle with an olive-brown shell, often living close to the coast and extensively hunted for food.
- Chelonia mydas, family Cheloniidae
More example sentences
- Beaches in sections of Florida's highly developed coastline are nesting ground for rare loggerhead, leatherback and green turtles.
- Eight of the 10 beaches are used by hawksbill turtles and one by green turtles.
- Unlike many other species of turtles, green turtles are unable to retract their head into their shell.
Definition of green turtle in:
- The US English dictionary