nounUS • informal
- A dollar bill; a dollar: he’s worth a boatload of greenbacksMore example sentences
- What's more, risk-averse investors in the U.S. Treasury market are more prone to hedge their exposure to the dollar by selling greenbacks.
- As the currency started to slip in May, companies with future-debt obligations denominated in dollars rushed to buy greenbacks.
- The Australian dollar rose against the greenback for the 13th straight week.
More definitions of greenbackDefinition of greenback in:
- The US English dictionary