- A Eurasian finch with green and yellow plumage.
More example sentences
- Genus Carduelis, family Fringillidae: three species, in particular the common C. chloris of Europe and the Middle East
- Birds will be roosting in your Leylandii hedge - especially greenfinches which prefer to roost in conifer.
- The numbers of greenfinches have increased over the years, but so have the primroses!
- In the mid 1960s deaths from salmonellosis were reported in greenfinches and house sparrows feeding at bird tables in gardens.
More definitions of greenfinchDefinition of greenfinch in:
- The US English dictionary