Definition of greengrocer in English:
A retailer of fruit and vegetables: white cabbage was selling for 12p a lb at the greengrocer’s
More example sentences
- East Greenwich is desperately in need of a proper greengrocers within a few minutes walk.
- I just hope that supermarkets do not put all butchers and greengrocers out of business, as I personally hate supermarkets.
- I also go to the farmer's market that's started nearby, but then the greengrocer pointed out to me that it's damaging his business.
- Example sentences
- Ironically, though, if a greengrocery is placed opposite a supermarket it is more likely to thrive.
- It is currently working with a small Newquay grower to source greengrocery, going as far as to work out specific varieties of produce to be grown throughout the year especially for its menu.
- The Lewis family opened its first shop, a greengrocery, in Holloway Road, north London, in 1945.
Definition of greengrocer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan