A retailer of fruit and vegetables: white cabbage was selling for 12p a lb at the greengrocer’s
More example sentences
- East Greenwich is desperately in need of a proper greengrocers within a few minutes walk.
- I just hope that supermarkets do not put all butchers and greengrocers out of business, as I personally hate supermarkets.
- I also go to the farmer's market that's started nearby, but then the greengrocer pointed out to me that it's damaging his business.
- Example sentences
- Ironically, though, if a greengrocery is placed opposite a supermarket it is more likely to thrive.
- It is currently working with a small Newquay grower to source greengrocery, going as far as to work out specific varieties of produce to be grown throughout the year especially for its menu.
- The Lewis family opened its first shop, a greengrocery, in Holloway Road, north London, in 1945.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: green|gro¦cer
Definition of greengrocer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.