- A spiny-finned edible fish of the North Pacific.
More example sentences
- Family Hexagrammidae: two genera and several species, including the lingcod
- Gurnards, flatheads, scorpionfishes, greenlings, and sculpins live in the Indian, Pacific, and Atlantic oceans.
- An individual male kelp greenling may guard up to 11 egg masses simultaneously, although the average number is four.
- During winter the painted greenlings go into a mating mode and the male turns very dark, while the female has dark stripes.
More definitions of greenlingDefinition of greenling in:
- The US English dictionary