- 1Vegetation: locusts which strip the country bare of greenstuffMore example sentences
- Wherever they hopped and jumped they stripped bare the crops and greenstuff.
- 1.1Green vegetables: a little greenstuff in the form of lettuce or spinachMore example sentences
- Kale is the more primitive of the two, and was the ordinary greenstuff of country people in most parts of Europe until the end of the Middle Ages, when the ‘headed’ cabbages were bred.
- Others, before the introduction of maize, lived mostly on millet, sorghum, and bananas with such greenstuffs as could be gathered.
- It grows wild in temperate regions all over the world, and resists the cold, so that it is a useful source of greenstuff in winter.