- Disinformation disseminated by an organization so as to present an environmentally responsible public image: while they can be useful, these sorts of standards are sometimes used quite cynically—as corporate greenwashMore example sentences
- If the company suggests ‘self-regulation,’ its public image-making is probably greenwash.
- Can business use its brands to benefit the environment or is that just greenwash?
- These masters of climate greenwash have undergone expensive corporate makeovers and now present themselves as leaders in reducing CO2 emissions and supporting renewable energy.
- More example sentences
- And greenwashing occurs when big resorts label themselves as ecotourism destinations but reject core principles.
- While some of this is undoubtedly greenwashing, Klein, a spokesperson for the American Forest and Paper Association, asserts that the industry is currently using all the recycled paper it can get.
- In choosing alternatives, however, consumers need to be alert to greenwashing.
1980s: from green, on the pattern of whitewash.
More definitions of greenwashDefinition of greenwash in:
- The US English dictionary