- A wood or forest in leaf (regarded as the typical scene of medieval outlaw life): [as modifier]: the old greenwood adventurersMore example sentences
- The area of the greenwood is usually taken as Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire, or Barnsdale near Wentbridge in Yorkshire, but Barnsdale in Rutland is also a possibility.
- She will be returning to the village where she grew up on Saturday to play a sort of Maid Marion role in the greenwood.
- The novel focuses on Marian's growth to adulthood and her reluctant acceptance of her fate: she is to be the new Forestwife, the healer who lives alone in the greenwood and tends to those who need bodily and spiritual renewal.
More definitions of greenwoodDefinition of greenwood in:
- The US English dictionary