- An ill-defined situation or area of activity not readily conforming to a category or set of rules: grey areas in the legislation have still to be clarifiedMore example sentences
- Furr isn't opposed to exploiting the gray areas in the NASCAR rule book - actually, that's half the challenge.
- There are indeed many grey areas within this issue, but I am quite sure that the law is correct in maintaining euthanasia's illegality.
- I used to be idealistic enough to think that all the world was clean and tidy, that rules were rules, that there were no gray areas anywhere.
More definitions of grey areaDefinition of grey area in:
- The US English dictionary