- A fluffy long-tailed jay with dark grey upper parts and a whitish face, found in Canada and the north-western US.
More example sentences
- Perisoreus canadensis, family Corvidae
- The gray jay makes a series of whistling sounds of ‘wheeoo’ or ‘wheee-ah.’
- Many campgrounds support a flock of habituated gray jays, as campers readily feed the birds.
- At the lake we fed the grey jays, which sat on our skis and even ate out of Paul's hand.
More definitions of grey jayDefinition of grey jay in:
- The US English dictionary