- A thick-bodied, blunt-headed fish that typically lives in inshore or estuarine waters and is a valued food fish.
More example sentences
- Family Mugilidae: several genera and species
- Three species of mullet are common around the British coast, the grey mullet is the smallest species, reaching only around 30 cm.
- The grey mullet are normally only found in the river during the summer months, migrating to sea as the temperature drops.
- To our great joy we soon spotted a few grey mullet swimming close in and made a rush to the car to grab the fishing gear.
More definitions of grey mulletDefinition of grey mullet in:
- The US English dictionary