- An American tree squirrel with mainly grey fur.
More example sentences
- Genus Sciurus, family Sciuridae: four species, in particular S. carolinensis, native to eastern North America and introduced to Britain and elsewhere
- Animals co-habiting in the woods include field mice, grey squirrels, hedgehogs and three roe deer.
- A hungry gray squirrel will also raid a bird's nest for eggs, steal food from bird feeders and dig up plants.
- Under natural conditions, grey squirrels are most abundant in hardwood or mixed hardwood and pine forests.
More definitions of grey squirrelDefinition of grey squirrel in:
- The US English dictionary