- A mottled grey baleen whale that typically has heavy encrustations of barnacles on the skin, commonly seen in coastal waters of the NE Pacific.
More example sentences
- Eschrichtius robustus, the only member of the family Eschrichtiidae
- On these tours you can see dolphins, sperm whales, grey whales, and more depending on the time of year.
- Every few years, gray whales and blue whales wash ashore on the California coast.
- We experienced some difficulty identifying whale species during the count, especially differentiating between bowhead and gray whales.
More definitions of grey whaleDefinition of grey whale in:
- The US English dictionary