- 1 • humorous or • derogatory An old man: old greybeards with little idea of how to conduct businessMore example sentences
- In the new age of fluidly changing computer skills it is the kids, reflexes honed by years of electronic games, who lead the field, not the greybeards.
- He inspires in youth a sense of possibility and in greybeards a sense of youth.
- The cheers came on cue, even though the applause must have struck quite a few of the Democratic graybeards in the audience as a tad ironic.
More definitions of greybeardDefinition of greybeard in:
- The US English dictionary