Definition of gricer in English:
A fanatical railway enthusiast.
- I even took time out from my normal journalistic duties to spend a week with the gricers at a national festival of steam.
- Olaf Güttler was in Cambodia in 1991 and was probably the last gricer to see real steam at work here.
- I always try and find a remote location, no other gricers to worry about and no public either.
1960s: origin uncertain; perhaps a humorous representation of an upper-class pronunciation of grouser 'grouse-shooter'.
- Example sentences
- Main stream gricing it most definitely is not, but we are all allowed our little fetishes, aren't we?
- It has taken a little while but last weekend was spent gricing in Beijing, a contrast between the ancient and modern.
- We had a taxi driver new to gricing but took to it well, cooperative, safe driver but can move quickly when needed, fair price, nice man all around.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan