- 1A heavy, flat iron plate that is heated and used for cooking food: [as modifier]: griddle cakesMore example sentences
- To cook, place the skewers on a barbeque hot plate, griddle or in the oven (pre-heated to 200 degrees C, for 15 to 20 minutes).
- There are pizza ovens, griddles, infrared rotisseries, built-in woks, deep-fryers - you can customize your outdoor kitchen to suit the food you cook and the way you want to entertain.
- Heat an iron skillet or griddle over a high heat until very hot.
verb[with object] Back to top
- 1Cook on a griddle: (as adjective griddled) griddled corn cakesMore example sentences
- Wash and trim the scallops and then griddle them until juicy but do not overcook.
- Jamie Oliver suggests griddling the asparagus spears on a hot griddle pan for a couple of minutes, turning a couple of times.
- The chicken is delicately spiced and served with a griddled vegetable couscous.
More definitions of griddleDefinition of griddle in:
- The US English dictionary