Counselling intended to assist people who have been bereaved in coping with their grief: through grief counselling, they discover that a sudden, strong desire for a baby might be an unconscious way to cope with loss
More example sentences
- He added he would ensure that pupils were offered grief counselling.
- If you do survive there is no stress or grief counselling.
- Officials suspended operations and were providing grief counselling for the 270 workers at the plant.
grief counsellor noun
- Example sentences
- In 2002 he married Katherine, who had been his grief counsellor.
- Jennifer mentions a grief counsellor from Queensland, who happened to be in Bali on holidays and is helping with identification of victims.
- The mother had been told by a grief counsellor that instead of seeing the body that maybe she should go out to the site and say goodbye to Mark.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: grief coun¦sel|ling
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.