Definition of grief counselling in English:
Counselling intended to assist people who have been bereaved in coping with their grief: through grief counselling, they discover that a sudden, strong desire for a baby might be an unconscious way to cope with loss
More example sentences
- This was not the type of grief counselling that I was taught when I trained as a Drug and Alcohol Dependency Counsellor and Community Health Nurse many years ago - but I can assure you that it works much more effectively!
- When grief counselling became very popular, a lot of that was taking the line that what you had to do was do your grief work and move on.
- "She went to grief counselling, but never got over his death," a resident in the closely-knit estate said.
grief counsellor noun
- Example sentences
- The British consulate has set up a family centre, with grief counsellors on hand to help.
- They have grief counsellors now, to help people handle the hollow that's left on the death of a loved one.
- In 2002 he married Katherine, who had been his grief counsellor.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan