(In an online game or community) a person who harasses or deliberately provokes other players or members in order to spoil their enjoyment: a class of entrepreneurs is emerging who see griefers not just as an annoyance but as a potential source of lost revenue
More example sentences
- If he is a griefer, take his units away and kick him back to observer status where he can beg to play again.
- Similarly, players can place verbally annoying players within their own factions on "ignore" lists, which permanently injunct that griefer from speaking to the player.
- If made significant, those very punishments become the strongest weapons in the griefer's arsenal.
- Example sentences
- If you're in the mood to do some random looting and griefing, now's the time.
- There is a simple cure for all griefing: do not take your games so seriously.
- Increasingly, the solution to griefing is not simply to ban nuisance players, but to encourage the development of virtual societies capable of dealing with their own virtual crimes.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: grief¦er
Definition of griefer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.